Monday, October 12, 2015

20 And a Little Wiser....

Who Needs a Fork
When you can eat cake with your face!!!
Hello everyone!!

I am so sorry I barely got to email last week.
But THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the wonderful birthday wishes!! They mean so much!!
I had a wonderful birthday!


Birthday Girl!!!!!


 Our sweet landlords are members of all the museums in Chicago, so they took us to 3 museums and it was all so awesome!!
We went to Shedd aquarium , the field museum, and the Alder planetarium.
 Even  on Pday I had the most spiritual experience.
My head could not stop thinking of the lyrics "how great thou art"
How great and creative and powerful is God to create EVERYTHING that exists.

It was confirmed to me that there's no way all this stuff just appeared by coincidence.
The water, the sea horses, the Dolphins , the jellyfish, the Sharks, The earth, the mountains, the volcanoes, the rivers, the sand The sky, the air, the clouds, wind, stars,  sun, planets and galaxies !
With this experience it has made me realize how tiny I am. And how I am literally nothing without my Lord, my God, Made me think of 

Mosiah 21 (when the people of Limhi turn to the Lord and put their trust in him.)

13 And they did humble themselves even to the dust, subjecting themselves to the yoke of bondage, submitting themselves to be smitten, and to be driven to and fro, and burdened, according to the desires of their enemies.

14 And they did humble themselves even in the depths of humility; and they did cry mightily to God; yea, even all the day long did they cry unto their God that he would deliver them out of their afflictions. And they humbled themselves even to the dust.


They humbled themselves even to the dust???

With that being said, I thought of

Helaman 12

7 O how great is the nothingness of the children of men; yea, even they are less than the dust of the earth.

8 For behold, the dust of the earth moveth hither and thither, to the dividing asunder, at the command of our great and everlasting God.

The dust is more obedient then the children of God.

How ridiculous is that? How true is that?
As I take a self inventory, I see that the dust moves when Gods says so, but do I move and act when God says so? Definitely not. Because I am a bratty child of God that thinks can take care of everything myself and I don't need to depend on anyone or anything.
And do things suck when I do that?
Yes. Without a doubt.
But do I learn from those things? Of course.

So sometimes I think of myself as an awful person, who isn't spiritual enough or diligent enough or just not enough in general.
As I was humming "How Great Thou Art" and looking at the stars and planets in the planetarium . I said to myself. Yes, God and Jesus Christ created all these beautiful and powerful things, But He created me too.

Just as he created every little and big thing on earth to fulfill its purpose, he has created me to fulfill my own purpose as well. I really do believe that.

And I believe (back to the scriptures) that if we humble ourselves before the Lord and allow him to help us by trusting in him, we will be able to see our potential and that we truly are meant to succeed.
God created gravity and air and that will never fail us.
Why would he allow his children to fail?

Brother and sisters , am I having a change of heart and an understanding of life?
Holy cow, I think I am.

Do you think you need a change of heart?




My comp took this picture just in time when all the Sharks and cool fishes weren't around.

No comments:

Post a Comment